Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Interesting...

Wow...I've got a lot to blog about, and so little time to do it! Actually, I have many different topics to cover, so I better get my butt in gear! Over the past few months, I've really done a lot of reflecting. I've really taken a step back, looked at where/who I am, and trying to see where that fits in with my goals. Pretty easy to do when your goals are as broad as mine! Anyway, I've come to realize that I'm not quite where I want to be. I had several great chats with friends during my trip to WI, and realized that though things have changed for all of us, we still have a lot of similarities. Though still trudging through the hard stuff, we are all really blessed. My belief that my friends are very strong people was only enhanced over my last vacation. It makes me want to strive for more. Dare I say it, I think I'm ready to get back in shape (and am cussing myself out for getting so far out of shape!) My body has always been my tool (weapon? ;) ) and I've seriously neglected it. I've made way too many excuses for my lack of physical activity, and that is not acceptable anymore! I'm the one who says "Excuses are like assholes, everyone's got one," and here I sit! ARGH! I also realized that I need to get in touch with my faith. I have it, and use it, but I decided I crave more. I need to find an appropriate Bible study or something...that's kind of hard for me. Most of you know my issues with this, so I'm not going to explain them. I wish I could have my Bible study group from college again...it was so easy and comfortable! I'll just have to keep looking. I think I just need to find something I love and do it. Usually, it is firefighting and EMS work, but we have a love/hate relationship right now. My constant has always been track and field (I know, I don't understand it either!) I'm so excited that my little cousin A. will be starting track soon, so I can throw stuff! Shot put and discus, here I come! He has great potential, and listens well...and he's hilarious! We have the same sense of humor, so there doesn't need to be many words for hours of laughter.

Wow, what a post! Lots to think about. I'm hoping that I can stick to the things I've mentioned here. I REALLY need to...will you be the one who's kicking me in the ass if I don't???? It's a tough job, but someones got to do it!

3 comments:

Kate said...

It must be contagious...I've been doing some soul searching of my own over the past few days.

It sounds like mentally you are ready to make these changes and I think that is the first step. You can do it!! And we'll all be here to support you!

amanda said...

Thanks, Kate! I'm not sure if it's because spring is around the corner, or because I put so much of my life on hold for awhile, but I think I'm ready. Thanks for the support! Thinking about you often!

Em said...

I think you might be right that the upcoming season might have something to do with your soul-searching. It is a season of renewal and re-birth. I'll be here praying for you and rooting you on as well! :)