Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It Never Ceases to Amaze Me....

Today, I had to explain to a young man why he can't suck his thumb in class. After much arguing, he sort of got my point that it's disgusting, especially since they share writing utensils. Later, while watching a movie in class, I had to once again tell him to remove his hand from his mouth, and remove the other one from his pants. I could understand if I was telling a 6 year old this, but we're talking about a 13 year old! The joys of my job. I then had to explain private room time versus public time....yikes. Just thought I'd give you a reason to enjoy your jobs!

4 comments:

Elenbga said...

Thanks for the glimpse of my son in 10 years! I know he's going to be 'that' kid!

amanda said...

Anytime! I guess if I was a kid, I would have been embarrassed, but he tried to argue with me why I wanted him to quit! Hopefully, Jacob will be smart enough to sit in the back of the room where no one can see him, though I doubt at 13 he'll be "that" kid. I wouldn't care so much, but they have to share pens and pencils...they just grab one out of a basket and they all look the same. Yuck! I've seen my fair share of gross things, but I think this is in my top 5.

Aubrey said...

I can promise you we've had worse at our house, but at least their my kids. I'm glad I'm not the only one screaming (or sometimes just telling) them to keep their hands out of their pants and out of their mouths. It makes me squeemish!!

Aubrey said...

They're my kids...not their my kids. Boy oh boy is my grammer failing me.