Saturday, March 28, 2009

Another Reason to Enjoy Your Job...

I am currently on lice duty. My shift ended over an hour ago, and I'm killing cooties. I was doing a nice thing. I have a girl that is here because she has nowhere else to go, and she asked me to cut her hair. As I started combing, I thought I saw nits. I started searching, and what do you know? I found some live ones. Scratching your heads yet? Be jealous, it's okay. And it's not the first time I've had to do this. Not even the second...or tenth. I know there are horror stories to every job, but lice is the worst part of this job. Never happens to a girl with short hair! Always the long ones! Oh well...gotta do it even if you don't want to. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

4 comments:

Kate said...

oh man, yeah, that's kinda gross. And yes, my head does kinda itch now....

amanda said...

Yep, I get to see all the cool stuff! I came home and promptly did a lice treatment on myself...lucky me!

Elenbga said...

YULK!

Though, I will admit (I can't believe I'm telling you this)...I did have lice once...in the 3rd grade. Edna F R E A K E D! She was washing my looong hair and saw a little buggie crawling. She screamed and called our Dr. at home "my house is CLEAN! How did my child get LICE?"

I got them from a skeezy girl in my class...their family had them every time we had lice checks at school. Yes, they have lice in parochial school.

mmmm...love lice treatments. It sounds like you have had one great week!?! I have to go scratch my head...

amanda said...

I, too, had lice. I was about 10 or so, and got it in a similar way...but from a softball helmet (PS- If Jacob ever plays tball, invest in a private helmet...soooooo worth it!) Thank God today is my "Friday" as I'm not sure I could have handled much more...check out my next post!