Tuesday, August 4, 2009

As of Late...

Wow, so much to blog. The best news is that my friend Jenni became a foster parent for the first time yesterday! She's had a rough year and has faced many trials and tribulations on the foster/adopt front, but things are finally moving in a positive direction. She has a 2 year old little boy, and he's adorable!!! She is participating in not only a foster care program, but also a foster-to-adopt program. The little boy she has now is strictly foster care, and she's hoping an infant comes her way soon. VERY EXCITING!!!

Most of you already know this, but I currently have an ear infection. Yep, 28 and still get frequent ear infections! Apparently it's due to some type of birth defect I have. Something about the 'drainage tubes' never dropped in my melon...yada, yada, yada. This morning, I thought my eardrum had ruptured again (yes, again!), but it hadn't. It probably would feel a lot better now if it had, though! Have you ever experienced that? It's super weird. When people talk, it sounds like they're trying to talk with jello in their mouths...kinda cool! I called my doctor today, and he can't see me until the 19th! He did call in a prescription for me, though, so hopefully I'm on the mend. Hopefully, because my friends just installed an inground pool, and our first pool party is on Saturday!! ( I know, ear infection...glutton for punishment!)

Let's see...what else...oh, I got to go to the lake on Sunday with Jenn and Joel. It was amazing! Perfect day, no clouds, too much sun, fun with friends! I was kinda tired though, because I had worked a double shift Saturday night, got off work at 7 AM Sunday, slept to 11 AM, then out to the lake. I was good until about 5:30 PM, then it all caught up with me! I think I fell asleep on the back of the boat!

Well, I think that's it for now. Stay tuned, though, because this week may get a little hairy.....

3 comments:

Em said...

Oh man, I'm sorry about the ear infection. I hope the meds work, since your Dr. can't see you until the 19th--eek! That's a long time to wait. Feel better soon!

Also, that is so awesome about your friend Jenni. I love to hear about when things work out on the foster care and adoption front. You'll have to keep us posted!

Elenbga said...

I can't top what Em said. I could maybe word it differently but, I'd still be saying the same thing.

I'm just gonna go with a "ditto!"

Kate said...

I am so happy for Jenni!! What a rough year indeed, having that little cutie pie is such a happy ending. Yay!

Hope you are feeling better soon!