(..did I mention I work with teens?)
About Me
- amanda
- I guess I should start with the basics. I'm Amanda, and I've decided to blog as a way to vent. I like to read other people's blogs, so we'll see how this goes. Hope you like it!
Monday, July 7, 2008
What's in a name?
So I feel like I should explain the title of my blog. This "quote", if you will, is something I found a few years ago in a crafters magazine. All the other quotes were so meaningful or cutsie, and here comes this quote, barreling in like a freight train. Of course, this type of quote is right up my alley, so I've used it quite frequently. I work with lots of teens, and sometimes I feel like I'm in high-school hell! I didn't deal well with whiny, crabby, gossipy kids when I was in school, and now I work with them...arrgh! When I hear whining, I bust out the quote, and by now all the kids know that means I don't want to hear it. It was a much bigger hit than my "Excuses are like a**holes, everyone's got one," though that one still holds a special place in my heart. What I've found most amazing is that I find myself saying things that my parents said to me, things I swore I'd never say...damn them! Oh well. I really can't complain; I love my job, and I'm able to do lots of things that interest me. I listen to other peoples' occupational horror stories and realize how blessed I am. I work for great people who genuinly care about their staff, which is not something everyone can say. So blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This came from a crafters magazine??? That's hilarious!
Ummm...yes! I was shocked!
Post a Comment