Saturday, July 5, 2008

My First Blog!

I guess, first of all, I would like to thank Kate. She's the one who encouraged me to start blogging. {I think it's just because she wants me to vent to someone else ;). } I figured I'd start out with a fairly simple blog. I just returned from a vacation to Wisconsin (I know, I know,...yes, again!) Wisconsin is my home away from home, and I have some great friends there. I spent a lot of time with my "niece and nephew," a.k.a my friend Shannon's kids. We had lots of fun together! I went to Shannon's parent's house for a few days, and her in-law's house for a couple more days. What gracious hosts! I'm so blessed to know such great people. The only stop I didn't get to make was to Stevens Point, but hopefully I'll make it up there this fall (hope you're feeling better, Collin!) I also, unexpectedly, got to spend some time with my little buddies, C. and J. They are always a sure bet for some excitement! Overall, it was a great vacation. I got lots of sun and relaxation, both of which I desperately needed. I guess that's it for now. For all who stop by, I hope you enjoyed it. Come back soon!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Yeah!! I am so excited! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Maybe this will get my butt in gear to actually start writing again!

So glad to hear you had a good trip to WI. So sorry we missed you. I've been meaning to call since that weekend - I think now that I had food poisoning.... I'll call soon to fill you in on all the gory details :)

amanda said...

Ewww...the week before I was on vacation, I thought I had food poisioning, but I think it was a really quick flu bug, as my mom ended up getting it too! But it only lasted a day, so that was good. Glad you're feeling better, and I can't wait for the gory details!!!