Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Soul in the Season

Ummm, so I know I'm a little late, but I have had my list written for some time, but am only now getting around to blogging about it. And I kind of feel like a cheater, because I have already accomplished quite a few things on my list :). Bear with me, too, because this is my first list, and I'm hoping that it's an okay list (not too easy.) Well, here you go, Kate! You asked for it!

1. Go on the Scenic Drive with friends.
2. Plant all the mums I bought (I tend to buy new year after year!)
3. Make pumpkin cookies, and give away as many as possible.
4. One day a week, take 30 minutes to find stuff to get rid of/put in the yard sale pile.
5. Every week, set aside some money to be donated to a local food pantry/used to buy goods for such charity.
6. Get a good start on my stuff for the Thanksgiving Weekend Craft Show/Church Craft Sale.
7. Sit around a camp fire with friends.


Well, what do you think? I have already accomplished 1 and 2. For those who don't know, the Scenic Drive is an event that happens locally, in which crafters and other vendors set up booths in several different towns. It's a pretty cool thing, and not only did I go, but I went twice! Randomly, I also ran into a friend from college while there!

So far, 4 and 5 are on schedule as well. It feels really good to know that the money I save from a few fancy coffee's a week will give someone food for a meal. It also feels good to rid my space of stuff I don't need, and that someone else may get some good use out of it.

I was lucky enough to do 7 last weekend...and we had a blast!

I love fall, even though this particular fall is giving my allergies and asthma a run for their money! Even still, I'm still enjoying our somewhat mild fall. I hope you all are too!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love #5 that is awesome. Especially during this time of year (Turkey Day) when we are thinking about all that we have to be thankful for - it is great idea to give back.

Great list!

Em said...

I like your list! I think you are going to do much better at checking everything off yours than I will be. :)