Monday, September 21, 2009

What to say...

I've been trying to decide what to blog about. Up until yesterday, there wasn't much to blog about. It's been a pretty uneventful week or so. I'm hoping we've taken care of the bees. I was wrong in my earlier post...honey won't ferment, as I once thought. We had yet another beekeeper come out, and he reminded me of something I learned long ago...they find honey all the time in ancient civilizations, such as in pyramids. And, I also know that it used to be used as an antiseptic, so how could it ferment? He said the dead bees would probably smell, but they're so small the smell would dissipate pretty quickly. I'm guessing that there will be new siding and windows in the next year or so anyway, so the hive will just have to hang out for a while.

Hmm..what else. Well, I threatened a kid at work with bringing my mom into work and letting her beat his ass (he needs it!) He said "Yeah, right, she wouldn't do that." I responded "Well, she had no problem beating her own kids, so I'm sure she won't have any trouble beating a stranger." Shut him up for a while! ;)

Today, I went shopping in the Quad Cities. Didn't find what I needed, and bought stuff to make more jewelry with (because I didn't have quite enough!) I drove right by the dog bakery where I used to get Butch's treats...so sad! Just makes me want another dog even more!

The best news of all came last night. You all know what it is, so I'm not going to repeat it. But I'm so happy prayers were answered! And from those answers I have hope, which had kinda fallen by the way-side lately. Maybe Baby DeBo is LLC for all of us! Renewed, on this first day of fall...the way it should be!

3 comments:

Em said...

Amanda, thanks for your comments on our news here, on our blog, and on FB. I'm glad that it has helped renew some hope for you as well. Baby DeBo is a direct result of the power of prayer, of that I am sure! :)

Elenbga said...

I used to struggle with what to say but - as you can tell, I don't care much anymore. :)

I'm glad to hear that the bees have calmed. Bugs that sting just freak me out.

And Baby Debo - WOW! that has got to be THE best thing EVER! I think that little bean has worked a miracle in all of our hearts. I know it has mine!

Kate said...

I couldn't agree with you guys more. @Em, you have like the most specialist baby evah in your belly! He/she has definitely renewed my faith. Praise the Lord for answered prayers!