Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankful

On here, I often mention my friend, Kate. Kate was one of my college roomates. We didn't meet until partway through my freshman year, but clicked instantly (must have been a displaced IL girl thing!) We have stayed really good friends, though we don't get to communicate often (blogging definately helps!) She always writes blogs that make me think about things. Her most recent post was about being thankful. This made me think about what I am thankful for.

I am thankful for a lot of things. It hasn't been the best year for me, but somehow I can still look back on this year with great memories, and have hope that what is in store for me in the future brings the same. I'm thankful for the friends who surround me, for they really do make the world a better place. I have a supportive family, which is something I've learned isn't the case for everyone. I'm thankful for my faith, because without it, I'd be one lost soul. I'm proud of myself for sucking up my pride and mending some fences this year...it felt really good. I've come to realize how blessed I really am, even when I feel that I've failed.

This past week was crazy, but I've been thinking about these things a lot. I'm gearing up for Christmas. This weekend, I'll head north to WI once again, for some birthday and Christmas celebrating. It should be a great time. I'm hoping to come home with some more great memories. Wishing everyone a great start to their holiday season! Lots of love, AJ

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm thankful for you!

Have a great trip up North!

amanda said...

Same goes for you! Thanks for the wishes!