Wow, I can't believe it's been a month since my last post. Well, lets see...my WI trip was amazing! Kate, Collin, Maia and Sophie were great hosts. My new BFF Maia helped me make breakfast, and lunch, and helped me make jewelry...you name it, she was there! We had a great time. I got to see the beautiful fall colors near Stevens Point, which were as amazing as I predicted. I meandered my way to Milwaukee to hang out with Nick, Shannon, D. and E. Shannon wasn't feeling the best, so it was pretty low-key, but we still had fun. We attended Ted and Erin's wedding, which was a blast! I miss my WI "family." They're always a good time. I wore some killer heels, so it took my feet a few days to recover, but was well worth it.
Lets see...when I got back to IL, I decided to apply for a FOID card. I don't know that I'll ever use it, but my father is currently working out of state, so I thought someone should have a FOID card in the house. I love the questions they ask you on the application, such as "Have you ever been convicted of a felony? Any mental health diagnoses?" You get the picture. It makes me wonder how many people lie about these things. IL State Police do a background check, so they'll find these things out. Why bother asking? Oh well.
I got to see Kate again for her baby shower. It was so much fun catching up with her friends and family, most of whom I haven't seen since the wedding. We found out that most of us have blogs, so hopefully we can stay in touch better. I can't wait for Baby Madden to get here!
I guess that's it for me. Work is still work, teenage girls still make me crazy, and I'm dreading winter weather. I'm okay with snow around Christmas, but the rest of the time it is a pain. You have to wear so many clothes, find boots/scarves/hats/gloves and hopefully have a full set, drive on yucky roads, and your pant legs get the lovely white "salt stain" look. Oh well, I guess that's the price you pay to live in the Midwest. I guess without winter, we couldn't have spring, which is my second favorite season. And I planted some new flower bulbs and can't wait to see them. Hope everyone is well, and I promise to post again soon!

3 comments:
It has been so great to see you TWICE in 2 months!! You should have seen Maia after the shower...she put herself to bed Saturday and Sunday night she was so exhausted.
Amanda, it was really great seeing you at Kate's shower! I hope you don't mind, but I'm now linking to your blog. :)
It was fun seeing you at the shower and Maggie still can't get over the fact that you know HER teacher. Funny how little kids think teachers are like celebrities. I'm looking forward to keeping up via blogs.
Post a Comment