Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's been a long time...

Wow, I haven't posted anything in a long time! Let's see, where do we start? Well, my "Girls Trip" was amazing as usual. We had great weather, plenty to drink, a lake to float in, plenty to drink...did I mention we had a lot to drink?!?! The end of my summer was spent mostly on the lake with friends, and that's the way it should be. I was also able to meet up with a friend I haven't seen in over a year, and was a blast as always. I mended some relationships that were strained. It's funny...I can be so stubborn sometimes (okay, all the time) that I fail to see the big picture, but I like to think of myself as the opposite of that (I guess no one's perfect.) Anyway, I finally decided to leave the past behind, be the bigger person, and mend broken fences. And it felt good! I just returned from Wisconsin...again! I went to a bridal shower for my friend Erin and got to catch up with old friends. I also got to spend time with my 3-year-old drama-queen Goddaughter, E. She is amazing! We got to go to a "girl party." Everything's exciting when you're 3! But she tells me she loves me, and it makes everything worth it. I guess that's it for me. I found a quote that I thought I'd add. Hope you like it!

"A friend is one of the nicest things you can have and one of the nicest things you can be." ~Douglas Pagels

1 comment:

Kate said...

On the lake with friends....I agree, that's the way it should be. So glad you had fun on your girls trip and your recent trip to WI.

Reading that E tells you she loves you makes my heart melt. What a cutie. I'm sure they are both getting so big!