Many people tell stories from work. I'm always intrigued by them, but nothing compares to the stories I could tell you. Some are humiliating, some strange, some sad, but most are hilarious. Take this one, for example. I work with this guy (we'll call him Tim) who is so unpredictable. He's sometimes crass, but not in a mean way...it's just who he is. His version of how the world works and the actual way are opposites. Anyway, last week "Tim" was our cook for the day. He had prepared a wonderful meal, and we were sitting down with the first group of kids to eat. Two of our other co-workers ("Pete" and "Doug") went to get food for themselves and were sitting at a table with me. "Pete" began coughing as he had choked on a small piece of food. "Tim," in a manner only he can do, says "Keep choking so I can use the shocker!" Now, mind you, I am the type of person who plays the "first thing that comes to your head" game, and usually everything presents itself in a sexual nature. I don't know why, but it always happens that way! So, you can imagine where my mind was when he said "shocker." I immediately began giggling. I look up and notice one of the kids is staring at me and laughing equally as hard. Then, "Tim" pipes up and says, "Wait...we can use one shocker on Pete, and the other shocker on Doug!" I completely lost it and had to excuse myself from the dining area.
It was after about 30 minutes that I realized he was talking about the AED (Automated External Defibrillator.)
It was almost as funny as the time one of our "rural" kids asked a staff member if he had ever eaten beaver....but I'll save that story for a later date!

No comments:
Post a Comment