Monday, November 8, 2010

Waiting, and waiting...

So I mentioned in my last post that I hadn't started a workout routine yet. I so totally have the commitment, but I have a slight issue. Okay, not a slight issue, a big issue...plantars warts. And lots of them. They are so gross, and have left me feeling like one huge herpes virus. Awesome, I know. I was going to post a picture but it didn't really do them justice, and I decided that the pain I feel day after day cannot be properly photographed. Actually, I'm kinda pissed that they photograph so well...because they H.U.R.T. Bad. Really bad. I'm not sure I can even describe it or compare it to anything. I will say, however, that I did not realize what was in store for me when I sought out treatment for these nasty little (err, some not so little) viruses. I saw a doctor for over two months, and she didn't produce any results. Huge waste of time and money. Luckily for me (and unluckily for her), she took a medical leave, and I was able to switch doctors. This doctor is very nice, but aggressive. Which I appreciate on days 5-7 after a treatment, but for days 1-4, he's Satan. Seriously. I've been hurt a l0t in my 29 years, but nothing, and I mean nothing, has hurt like this. It's like a nerve pain. I'll be okay, and then a spell hits me and there is nothing I can do to get comfortable. I assume this is what Restless Leg Syndrome kinda feels like. I'm sure it's entertaining to watch, but it hurts like a...well, you know. I think what is worse is that it hurts for over half the week, then gets tolerable, then he attacks again. I usually can make it out of the office before I cry, but not last week. Oh my word did it hurt! I was treated last Thursday and just stopped limping today. I really hope it's because he froze the areas for so long that he was able to make a lot of progress. If he didn't, I don't know how much more of this I can take. Last Thursday, I took 3200 milligrams of ibuprofen, and it didn't even touch the pain. Gave me one hell of a stomachache, though! He offered me pain meds, but I've never taken them and am not sure I want to now. Plus, like I said, it feels like nerve pain, so I'm not sure it'd work. I am at the point that I'd rather have my feet amputated and walk on nubs the rest of my life than finish these treatments! So sad, but so true! ARGH! I'm enjoying my time until 2:00PM Wednesday, then it starts all over again. *Sigh.*

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh my gosh hon, this sounds awful! Hoping the treatment works quickly and you are pain-free soon!