I'm here...just busy. I'm not sure exactly with what, but I seem to not have any free time!
*As of late, I've been busy with EMS calls....lots of EMS calls...lots of weird EMS calls. It's definitely kept me on my toes!
*I'm planning a benefit for my friend's dad...he has cancer and is receiving treatment at the Mayo Clinic. I'm hoping we can raise a decent amount of money for them, as they have to stay there for weeks at a time.
*I played in a dodge ball tournament last week...and I survived without any injuries! (It's the injury part that is supposed to be impressive!)
*I went to WI a few weeks ago, and spent some much needed quality time with some pretty special kids! I got to cuddle with some babies, and spoil my niece and nephew a ton! And knowing me, you know that's exactly what I needed!
*I participated in an alumni track meet at Carroll U...boy, was that interesting! The form was there...but the power, not so much! I got to see some great friends, however, whom I haven't seen in a very long time. Sooo worth it!
*I finished Nicholas Sparks' "The Last Song" last night...and bawled my eyes out!
*I read a book called "The Rules of Survival" a month or so ago...and it made me really appreciate my parents.
*My dear friend Jenn and I made some spring/summer wreaths for our church's reception hall...and they are sooo pretty (mostly due to Jenn...I can't make bows!)
*I'm struggling with my extended family right now. It's been a tough year thus far. I keep praying about it, but I still feel like slapping people sometimes (and it is deserved...trust me.) I've struggled with this, especially during the Easter season. I really want to be cleansed and feel renewed, but it hasn't happened just yet. And I'm not sure it will in the near future. I just pray for God's grace...as mine is gone (well, at least for this situation.)
*The lilies and irises I planted last spring are coming back full and strong...yay! I freaking love spring!
*I fell down the stairs a little over a month ago...while carrying a patient out of his house! Talk about embarrassing! We had to take him in again a few nights ago, and he said, "You're back! And you're okay!" Poor guy had been worried I'd hurt myself...I assured him it only hurt my pride!
*I watched my cousin play Donkey Basketball last night, and almost peed my pants! That was the funniest thing I've seen in a very long time!
I'm hoping everyone is well, and has had a great start to their spring. I'll post more when I have more time. Thanks for not forgetting about me ;)!

4 comments:
I'm sorry. It sounds like things have been rough. Hopefully spring will bring renewal to you and your family.
We live outside Rochester, MN, so if you visit your dad let me know, and we can go out to dinner. If you or your parents needs any help from a local, feel free to let us know.
You mentioned EMS calls, are you and EMT? My husband just finished his certification this winter, so we are learning to add that to our lives.
Have a good weekend.
Hi Rachel! So good to hear from you. Hope you're feeling well...not too much longer and your little one will be here! It's my friend's dad who has the cancer...my dad is healthy! But my grandmother goes to Mayo for fairly regular check-ups, so I'll look you up next time I'm in town!
In our very small town, I'm a firefighter and first responder. We don't have enought EMT's, so we have a waiver to allow us to run with 1 EMT and 1 first responder. I've been part of this crew for 11 years (gasp!) and I've always intended to take the EMT course, but I work swing-shifts and would have to kill a lot of vacation time to do so...I'm just not sure I'm ready to give up my vacation time!
Hope you're feeling well, and that your last few weeks of pregnancy go well!!!
It was nice to hear an update from you, Amanda. You're in my thoughts and prayers, as always. Wishing you a joyful spring!
So glad you are okay after that fall! How scary.
I have to echo everyone else and say it was good to hear from you and that I hope spring will bring renewal for you.
You are in my thoughts and prayers always.
Also, love the new pic of you and E. She looks just like her mommy in that picture, so cute!
Post a Comment