My friend Lisa was hell-bent on being a dead bridesmaid. Lisa, I believe, has ADHD, and is not the best listener. I tried telling her that no one else would be dressed that way, but she didn't listen. Then, when we got to the party, she was upset she was the only zombie...duh! They kept telling me I was too pretty to be in their group. Their dresses came from Goodwill, mine was from my friend Jenn's wedding a few years ago. I didn't need to buy one, I have a ton! They tried teasing my hair more, but I had put so much hair spray in it, I ended up with one MASSIVE knot of hair! That was super fun to comb through!
The only downfall was that I couldn't drink. I had been sick for the better part of two weeks, and had just finished taking my steroids and antibiotics that morning. I'm a good girl like that, I follow the rules! I still had a blast, though. And I'm pretty sure I got a marriage proposal from and older African American gentleman at the last bar we stopped at. Do I know how to draw a crowd or what?!?!?!
I also got to see Cavo, Theory of a Deadman and Daughtry the weekend before Halloween. AMAZING! I don't know what else to say about it! The tickets were the cheapest I've ever gotten (less than $40 after taxes and surcharges!) I don't know what I expected, but only really went to see Theory. Little did I know I'd end up loving ALL of it! I went with a big group of friends, and we all had a blast. But that was the start of my illness, so I wasn't feeling the greatest, and was the day after I got some bad news about my pal Chance, so I wasn't in the best of moods at first. I'm glad my girls pulled me out of my funk! I ended up having an asthma episode (not really an attack, got control of it very quickly), but it was scary as I haven't had those kinds of asthma symptoms for a very long time...I forgot how much they sucked. But I stopped by the fire station on my way home and gave myself a breathing treatment to get through the night; I promptly called the doctor the next day and got steroids, tussionex, and an antibiotic. All three are amazing!
I've been super busy lately with random fire and rescue calls. It was so slow for quite a while, but now we're making up for lost time. I guess that's my life as of late. Now, I'm just trying to get ready for our hunting season guests and prepare for a holiday craft show I'm in. I always wait until the last minute ;).

4 comments:
Hope you're feeling better now. Halloween looks like it was a good time :)
Ohhh, Holiday craft show?? Awesome!
Boy have you been busy! Also hope you're feeling better now. I really like Daughtry, were they really good in concert, too? The bridesmaid Halloween bachelorette party is a really neat idea!
@ Kate...I'm feeling soooo much better! I don't know that I really needed the antibiotics, as I never ran a temp, but they must have worked. With a little help from the steroids, of course! I actually have 2 craft shows...one is this weekend at my church, but I just have to make some jewlery for it. All of the proceeds go to our local food pantry! Then, the weekend of Thanksgiving is a Christmas show I've put stuff in for quite a few years. I'm hoping to sell a lot, as I have a lot to get rid of!
@ Em...Ohhhhh myyyyyyy, what a concert! I'm pretty sure the concert made me a Daughtry fan! Best money I've ever spent (and probably the least I've ever spent, since there was no drinking ;).
I thought fall was a time to slow down...not for me! Maybe in January?!?!?
Oh, and Kate, I LOVED Keat's Halloween pics! He's so freaking cute! His smile brightens my day, so I put him in my wallet!
What a great idea being her "bridesmaids". I love it!
I, too, am glad to hear you're feeling better. H1N1 has started going around Jeremy's work - I'm so afraid he'll bring it home to Jacob!
Craft shows? Did you say Craft shows? I love craft shows! I live for craft shows. Too bad I haven't been to one in an AGE! I wish you luck and hope you sell lots of pretties!
Post a Comment