So the last month or so has been just that...chaos. Work has been crazy. The kids have been growly. My schedule has changed several times at the drop of a hat. Chaos...nothing but chaos.
I took some time off this past weekend to go to WI to celebrate E.'s 4th birthday. I can't believe she's four! She's growing up so fast! We made "fruit babobs" for her preschool birthday snack and a princess cake for her birthday. She's quite the little helper. I was really proud of her. Her cousin, C., had her birthday party on E.'s actual birthday, and I expected some drama. But E. was just fine. She played party games and it didn't bother her that C. was getting all the presents. Her brother, D., is six and had a hard time understanding why he didn't get presents too. That is because D. is the first grandchild on both sides and rarely hears "no" from either set of grandparents. Talk about a rude awakening!
It was a great weekend. We went to visit Holy Hill, which, as always, was amazing. It is just so beautiful and serene. AMAZING! If ever in the Milwaukee area, I highly recommend that you visit. You won't be disappointed!
Though I could have done without the endless miles of road construction, it was a great trip spent with great friends. Here's hoping the rest of the summer pans out as well!

1 comment:
You know I've never been to Holy Hill? Need to put this on my to-do list. :)
Post a Comment