Sunday, May 3, 2009

Some Things Never Change

I'm not sure if I've talked about it on here (which really surprises me because I always talk about it), but I competed in track and field while at Carroll. And I loved it! It was pretty much what kept me at Carroll after a very traumatic freshman year. Well, that and my new pal Kate! Anyway, I like to think that Carroll Track is a big part of what formed me into the *person* I am today. I don't know if I could ever describe the friendships I made while on the team, but I can explain that for roughly six months of the year, the majority of the team was together at least 6 days a week. We ate meals together, practiced together, some of us lived together, travelled together...well, you get the picture.

I'm still pretty close with most of my Carroll Track buddies. In fact, one of my friends turned 30 last week, and I went to Milwaukee for his surprise party. It was so much fun! I could go on and on, but I'll spare you the gory details. What I do want to tell you is that the title of this post never ceases to amaze me. While at Carroll, I always had my camera around, especially for meets and post-meet functions. Somehow, every roll of film (yeah, I said film!) I developed had a blurry picture of genitalia on it. Seriously. The first time I saw this, I think I turned 5 shades of red. Eventually it became a game. You know, guess while driving to pick up the pictures who's "junk" will be there. I have a somewhat photographic memory, so I could usually tell who it was by the clothing/shoes in the background. And I only had 2 real culprits, so the identifying wasn't too challenging.

Fast forward to Friday, May 1, 2009: My camera disappears and eventually returns...with 2 photos of genitalia. I thought about getting mad, but it was way too funny! Needless to say, I wasn't really surprised. Those guys crack me up! It was a great night with great friends in my favorite city...what more could a country girl from the middle of nowhere ask for??? I have a ton more to blog, but it will have to wait...my new pillow is calling! Oh, and I'm not uploading the pictures!!!! (Just in case you were wondering.)

No comments: