Friday, October 3, 2008

From the mouths of little ones...

I am so blessed to be around "little ones" quite often. Those of you who know me, know that I often would rather play with kids than with adults. They are so fun and unpredictable. I thought I'd pass on some recent tidbits heard from some of my "little friends."

First, there is my Goddaughter, E. I spent quite some time with her this summer, and she's growing up to be a very bright young girl. After several days of rain and storms, the weather finally broke and we were on our way to Chuck-E-Cheese for some supper and games. E. says to me "Um, AJ, is da sun out?" Puzzled, I said yes. She then asked, "Ummm...did it dry up all da rain?" I told her it was trying to. The next day when I put her down for her nap, I heard her singing "the itsy bitsy spider." Little smarty-pants was putting it all together!

My friend W. took her 4 year old son C. to Arizona this spring to visit relatives. They went to the Pheonix Zoo, and C. got to ride on a camel. When his dad asked him what the camels name was, C. replied "Uhhh...I think Cameltoe!" Enough said!

My friend J. was talking to her son K. on the phone and K. dropped the phone. He yells down to the phone "Mom, are you okay???" Freaking hilarious!

One of my favorite stories is from some time ago. My little buddy D. was patiently awaiting my visit. It was getting late, and I had gotten stuck in some traffic during my trip. I was trying to explain that other cars had been in accidents and I had to wait for the fire trucks to clean up the messes. D. asked me if I had been in an accident, and I said no. He then asked if I had been stuck in a hole (kids minds...go figure!) I again told him no. He then went on rambling about how I should call him (4 years old at the time) if I got stuck in a hole and he and his grandpa would come get me out. He waits a minute, then asks if I have a hitch on my car. I asked "D., don't you think AJ's little car would look funny with a hitch on it?" Like I'm an idiot, he says "AJ, it's not for towing things, it's in case you get stuck! So we can pull it out!" Wow.

Life is never boring with little ones around!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Mom, are you okay?? THat make me laugh out loud! That's great.

amanda said...

I know! He cracks me up anyway! He was so upset...so sweet!